Hello

Welcome to Sheer Awesomeness

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Yesterday, I went to the Singapore Army Museum with Swee Yik. I brought my camera along and managed to take some wonderful pictures. Honestly though, I have to admit the trip was quite boring. ( Sorry Swee Yik, if you ever read this, nothing personal, just not my cup of tea). The five dollars I paid as the entrance fee could have been spent in a more productive way. That said, I still do respect the Singaporean Defence Forces, myself being a very proud member of the National Police Cadet Corps.

Anyway this is how it started out. I woke at 0930, I was to meet Swee Yik at the bus stop at 1010 but I only arrived at 1024 to meet a very annoyed Swee Yik. Anyway we made our very long journey to the museum, after a long train ride and a short bus ride. Interestingly enough, the buses in that part of Singapore are quiet old. They still have sliding windows and also have no air conditioning.

Anyway we went to museum and spent about an hour and a half there. All I did there was to take pictures, then we had a go at the mock obstacle course they had there.

Then we went to Jurong Point, were we had a meal at an Indonesian Restaurant. The chilli was so spicy there. Then I bought a drink at Starbucks, mostly because of the chilli and we roamed around. We eventually came to HARRIS bookstore and we went in there to spend the time while I finished my drink. I found a book there - Robinson Crusoe, by Daniel Defoe - which I bought. I have to admit, I got an excellent deal on that book. I guess that the book will keep me occupied for a decent amount of time.

Then I just went to buy flowers at Bedok Interchange for the morning prayers on Thursday mornings. Thought I had to wait out the rain at Bedok Library. After that I just headed home.


-Bhalaji

No comments:

Post a Comment